Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Arsat 80mm f/2.8

This is an Arsat 80mm f/2.8 medium format lens with a Pentacon Six mount.  It's relatively inexpensive and can be found on eBay on most days.  Got mine as a pair, along with a Carl Zeiss Flektogon 50mm f/4 from a seller on eBay.


 
  • Lens elements: 6
  • Focal length: 80mm
  • Focusing scale: 0.6m to infinity
  • Minimum focusing distance: 0.6m
  • Aperture scale: f2.8/4/5.6/8/11/16/22

    In actual use on the tilt adapter, it is a little soft at maximum aperture as expected, but gets sharper at f/4 and beyond.  I don't mind a little softness wide open as I like the look and fits my visual style.  I believe the version I have is single-coated (as denoted by the C next to the name ARSAT); the newer version has MC written on the ring (multi-coating) from the pictures I've seen on various sites.

    Obviously, I can't compare this lens to the Nikon or Canon tilt/shift offerings (as those are beyond what I can afford to experiment with), but I can't complain about the lens build or image quality considering what I paid for the lens.






     




    For more information about this lens and test results, check out the following sites:

    No comments:

    Post a Comment